Aggrego, a Joulon company, is a proven and reliable service provider for marine engine overhauls, serving the engine overhaul needs of several top tier drilling contractors.
- They have successfully completed overhaul of 120 + engines over last three years
- Expertise in Caterpillar, Detroit and EMD engines, covering following models
- CAT D399 & CAT 3516A, CAT 3516B & CAT 3516C, CAT 3512B, CAT 3406 (all CAT make and models)
- Detroit 6-71 & Detroit 8V-71 (Entire Detroit engine type)
- EMD 645 & 710 Series
- Strong partnership with EMD, Caterpillar dealers, and other key vendors
- Global footprint with overhaul and technical support in most major markets
- Core Exchange realization – Rich prior experience in realizing core credit on Caterpillar and EMD (e.g. more than $1.5m saved for one such customer over 3 years of engine management)
- Meticulous planning and forecasting of overhauls to suit operational requirements
- Support for repair and reconditioning of engine blocks, crankshaft and other parts
- Fleet-wide engine maintenance program and performance tracking
- Full technical support available for all rigs
- Fleet spares – inventory support
PARTS AND LABOR SUPPORT
- Partnership with major Caterpillar dealers around the world
- Various options in service engineers, including ex Caterpillar service engineers
- Excellent vendor relationship provides Aggrego preferential rates for OEM parts
- Uniform reporting along with detailed follow ups and planning ensures consistency with all service
- Maximum realization of core exchange credit through stringent process and relationship with dealers
SUPPLY CHAIN SUPPORT
- Personnel tracking and mobilization support
- Fleet-wide supply chain support for all engine parts
- Option for bulk purchasing for all overhauls in the year leading to price advantage
- Single point contact for all engine related queries, support, parts and service requirements
- Tracking of orders from origin until destination, full end-to-end logistical support and tracking of parts
As a result of its large volume of parts purchases, Aggrego offers a 5% to 15% parts cost advantage versus direct OEM purchases. Typically parts costs vary between CAT dealers from various countries based on currency exchange and discounts offered. Aggrego is constantly trying to find the best rates in the market so we can pass the savings on to our customers. By leveraging the large volumes of rigs under management, Aggrego is able to negotiate the best possible rates and terms.
Due to the large number of engines under management, we are able to negotiate a better price with our suppliers and offer 15% to 25% savings in labor costs. Further, we have been able to significantly reduce overhaul time by standardizing the overhaul process, optimizing the resources deployed and thorough execution planning and practices such as engine overhaul simulations on paper.
CORE EXCHANGE ADVANTAGE
Aggrego has been highly successful at raising core-exchange efficiency from 20% to over 85%. Again, due to volume of engines under management, we are able to get better core-exchange terms with engine and parts suppliers.